so far this is what I have:
I had a couple of false starts with the border ideas, I had alot of softer prints with a low volume background blocks that I had made - flying geese and some wonky crosses - they looked terrible! I realized that with this strong of a central fabric - I wanted to use bolder colors to stay in balance with the strength of color in the center fabric.
I continued making this next pieced border, then I decided to see what a curvy border would look like, so I grabbed a grunge white & an old batik mottled green/blue ( I figured if it was a flop, I wouldn't feel bad about "wasting" that old batik ) and bravely cut my FIRST improv curve border strip. It was very easy and sewed together in a breeze. The result was this:
I like it quite alot, but I want to add a dark strip between the 3" bars and the white portion of the curve, I feel it needs the visual definition. So I've made 4 more curve strips and have the black text print cut to add in. I need to select cornerstones for each border and figure out what comes next. I'll be cutting back the green curve fabric - I know it is too wide - I just didn't know how the curve cutting border would play out and I wanted to make sure I had enough.
Stay tuned for progress updates as it grows. Thinking about a name. Any
Linking up with Freshly Pieced.
Have a great day,